We are looking for a dynamic, motivated X-Ray Technologist to join our practice part time in Bronx, NY. The Radiologic Technician/ X-Ray Technologist will perform radiographic diagnostic imaging procedures to assist physicians in the diagnosis of disease and injuries. The candidate will operate the radiographic equipment to produce radiographic recorded images of the body and will also perform technological functions to ensure the optimal diagnostic quality of patient care utilizing efficient and safe processes. We are seeking an X-ray tech who enjoys working with a team to ensure comprehensive patient care. This is an excellent opportunity for a compassionate and enthusiastic X-Ray Tech to join our welcoming, well-respected team.
• Maintain radiology and injection supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, verifying receipt of supplies.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
• Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media, administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
• Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; developing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
• Associate degree or bachelor’s degree in applied radiologic science or certification from an accredited radiologic technology program.
• Licensed and Registered in the state of New York.
• Certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
• Knowledge of radiographic examinations including procedures that require the use of contrast agents.
• Knowledge of radiographic equipment operation and radiation safety.
• Knowledge of patient transfers and positioning techniques.
• Part time
We are looking for an X-Ray Tech, who can closely follow physician instructions to obtain optimal images for diagnosis. Must be able to communicate calmly, compassionately, and professionally with all different types of patients exercising excellent customer service skills. If this sounds like the opportunity for you, then please contact us.