Financial Controller San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a Financial Controller to join our company full time in San Francisco, CA. The Financial Controller will lead all day-to-day operations of the accounting department while ensuring compliance with GAAP and other applicable standards, rules, and regulations. The Financial Controller will also collaborate with a variety of internal stakeholders, including executive-level staff and other department directors on budgets and financial reporting, as well as external stakeholders, including distributors and hospital accounting departments. The Controller will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. Ideally, the controller has excellent verbal and written communication skills, can multi-task, strong supervisory and leadership skills, Excellent collaboration, problem solving, analytical, organizational skills and attention to detail, and excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines. This position will require travel for training purposes to our other main office facility.
We have a Bio-Healthcare company, medical processing, and shipping facility, and we work hard to support the clients throughout the ordering process to ensure delivery of our products in a compliant and efficient manner. To execute on our mission, we have a team that brings many years of experience, and we work closely with renowned experts, as well as leading scientists and physicians to achieve our ambitious goals.
• Oversees 2-4 employees responsible for financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, and budget preparation. Hiring and organizing Accounting and Finance will be an early key function.
• Implements internal control policies and procedures for all financial activities.
• Oversees employee training programs and identifies training needs.
• Coordinates the company’s financial planning, budgeting, and controls the Manufacturing cost Accounting and COGS calculations and allocations.
• Oversees the preparation of periodic financial statements, activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets.
• Ensures that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Investigate cashflow requirements and budget discrepancies and report to executive management.
• Delivery of a Monthly Financial reporting package to parent company in a timely established timeline.
• Assist the finance team to ensure the accurate and timely processing of daily banking requirements.
• Conduct analysis of inventory valuation and perform inventory transaction accounting. Performs month end inventory counts with serial number tracing.
• Reviews financial details from past, present, and forecasted operations; identifies development opportunities and improvements that can be made.
• Provides management with short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
• Advises business units on and assists with implementation of accounting and budgeting policies.
• Collaborates with external auditors to provide information needed for the annual audit for compliance.
• Work closely with Company’s Holding Company team on budget and forecasting activities.
• Maintains knowledge of organizational procedures, federal and state regulations, and accounting standards.
• Provides financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
• Overall responsibilities in statutory tax obligations and governance framework.
• Collaborate with external tax accountants to ensure all tax filings and compliance filings are submitted accurately and in a timely fashion.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration required, Master’s degree preferred.
• Five years or more of related experience required in a Manufacturing or Pharma / Medical Device setting.
• CPA designation highly preferred.
• Public Accounting experience very helpful.
• Excellent and highly accurate math and accounting skills (GAAP).
• Experience with NetSuite or other large, automated accounting systems required, along with Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word.
• 5+ years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area
• Manufacturing Cost Accounting experience required.
• Experience in large ERP systems very helpful.
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• $135k with 20% Bonus opportunity
Ready to join a fast growing, supportive team in an excellent working environment? We need an organized team player with a great attitude to do whatever needs to get done! We offer competitive pay with great benefits and the chance to grow with us! If you are interested, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you. Please send your resume to email@example.com