Licensed Massage Therapist - DHD LLC - Dallas, TX - On-site - $25/hr - $36/hr · (Suggested)
About the Opportunity
*****Pending award of contract***** A client is seeking a Licensed Massage Therapist for their clinic in Dallas, TX. The work will be performed as a W-2 employee of DHD LLC, under a contract between DHD LLC and the client, 4 days per week (Tuesday - Friday), 8am-4:30pm (1 hour for lunch), for a period of one year, with four one-year options to extend the contract. Daily work schedule allows for 1 hour prior to the start of massage sessions and a half hour after the massage sessions to allow the massage therapist to complete consult reviews and administrative notes. Expected start date is June 1, 2023. Each candidate should carefully review the responsibilities and qualifications below and develop their own salary requirements, but keep in mind that the client will award the contract based on best value without negotiation and the client's policy prohibits working for less than $16.20/hour.
- Use a variety of techniques on customers with a wide range of ailments and disabilities to increase range-of-motion, decrease pain, and improve overall health outcomes.
- Provide a series of either 30-minute (Tuesdays and Thursdays) or 45-minute (Wednesdays and Fridays) massages for a wide range of clinical diagnoses.
Work with schedulers, providers, and staff to provide care within established scheduled time frames. Massage sessions will not be scheduled on Federal holidays.
- Full body massages will be provided in a Stryker bed. Note: Patients have varying levels of mobility. Staff nurses will be available to provide assistance with transfers and turning, etc. as needed. Also, chair massages may need to be performed on patients who prefer to stay in their wheelchairs, which will focus on neck, shoulders, upper extremities, and craniofacial areas.
- Massage modality may be performed with or without the use of emollients, which will be provided by the client, if needed.
- Must achieve high customer satisfaction, and an effectiveness in the areas of creating health and well-being such as improvement in mobility and activities of daily living (ADL), reduction in pain-medication consumption, pain reduction, improvement in sleep, mood or stress, and/or cost-effectiveness when evaluated.
- The client reserves the right to periodically audit the therapist's care through direct observation by a representative to ensure professional standards and/or in response to any customer complaints.
- The therapist will be expected to go through a standard background check and fingerprinting procedures to gain access to patient information, the client's computer network, and their Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS). The contracted massage therapist(s) will participate in the required training to gain such access. Training will be provided free of charge, but the contractor will not be able to bill for those hours of training.
- Must possess Texas state-license to practice massage therapy (active and current).
- Must be in good ethical standing with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR).
- Graduate from an accredited massage school.
- Must have at least 250 hours of documented hands-on experience in massage therapy practice (resume or work-log summary).
- Membership with the AMTA or ABMP is preferable.
- Previous experience in a hospital and/or clinical setting is preferred but not required
- Active and current certificate in Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Must possess physical stamina to perform a series of 30 or 45-minute massage treatments, with 15 minutes between each session.
- Possess ability to adapt type of massage given based on customer’s needs and physical condition.
- Certification in one or more of the following modalities is preferable: Deep tissue, Myofascial release, Neuromuscular therapy, Trigger point therapy, Lymphatic Drainage, and/or Positional Release.
- Must maintain or be able to obtain professional liability insurance of at least $2,000,000 per occurrence and $3,000,000 individual aggregate.
- Must possess either proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or have a documented medical or religious exemption. Documentation will not be collected but must be kept available at all times for on-the-spot inspections. If unvaccinated and granted a medical or religious exception, shall show negative COVID-19 test results dated within three calendar days prior to desired entry date.
- Must be willing to submit to daily screening for COVID-19 if client-directed.