As the Radiologic Technologist, I report to the Practice Manager. I understand the significance of providing sincere care for each of our guests and their safety while in our care. In conjunction, I provide x-rays at the provider’s direction and offer outstanding clinical support by understanding the value of communication, a helpful hand and the importance of relating to one’s needs.
• I will take initial x-rays per DOC protocol and any follow-up x-rays at the Provider’s discretion.
• I provide a genuine welcome to all guests as they enter DOC and lead hospitality efforts by maintaining a courteous, attentive and professional manner.
• I follow all protocols to reduce anxiety, provide explanation of treatment and ensure each guest departs with all questions answered.
• I lead guest flow including rooming guests, taking vitals, setting up injections, obtaining prior authorizations for injections, taking inventory/ordering supplies, educating guests and applying DME.
• I apply safety techniques, register guests in PACS and transport guests between rooms.
• I am able to check-in guests and collect demographic information, verify insurance coverage and collect copays.
• I maintain patient confidentiality and ensure PHI is secure at all times. I have a comprehensive knowledge and working understanding of HIPAA regulations and continual compliance.
• I facilitate guest flow by notifying providers and other team members of guests’ arrival, having awareness of delays, and providing continual communication with all.
• I proactively minimize radiation to guest and team members by practicing radiation protection techniques and following all DOC protocols.
• I input CPT codes in EMR.
• I ensure operation of radiology equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements including but not limited to following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, scheduling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventory and service history.
• I assist providers with guest care by documenting care utilizing both EMR and PAC technology.
• I ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements.
• I maintain and evolve my professional and technical knowledge.
I exemplify the following competencies
• My leadership is proactive.
• I am ARRT certified.
• I obtain a Texas Medical Radiologic Technologist License.
• My behaviors and standards model DOCs values and deliver a service experience that is unrivaled.
• I use active listening skills.
• My behavior is enthusiastic.
• I enjoy working as part of a team.
• I am flexible and adaptable.
• I am able to lift up to 50lbs.
• I am proficient in computer skills.